New Members Day
Oct 31 2021 @ 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
The purpose of the day is to introduce you to the club and its workings such as booking trips and convoy procedure, some safety knowledge such as the Reverse Hill Stall Procedure and recovery fundamentals (safe use of a Snatch Strap), plus a bit of an introduction to one of the properties we have access to.
We don’t presume any prior knowledge on the day. We class the day as “Medium” difficulty (as we will be using low-range for part of the day), however, the day is designed as an introduction so there shouldn’t be anything too intimidating.
The start point for the weekend will be Spring Mountain Reserve, Tully Connection Rd, Greenbank 4124. Meet at the park by 8:30 am for 9:00 am Sunday morning.
The official part of the day should end by around 2:00 – 2:30 pm so we should be home in daylight.
- Wear sturdy, closed in shoes and long pants – we’ll be in the bush and there are creepy-crawlies
- Morning Tea and Lunch
- Recovery Gear if you have it (snatch strap, bow shackles, etc.) … don’t worry if you don’t have it, we’ll discuss what you need (and what you might like)
- Insect Repellent
- Chair/something to sit on
- Wet weather gear if the forecast is not so good – we will contact and advise if the event has to be postponed due to rain
- Owners manual for your vehicle (very handy)
Spring Mountain Reserve, Tully Connection Rd, Greenbank. 4124, approximately 50 minutes drive time from Brisbane CBD.
We will be on UHF Channel 20 or call us on 0419771756.