Double Island Point
Oct 16 2021 @ 8:00 am – Oct 17 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Relaxed family friendly trip to Double Island Point.
Sunday 17 October, 11:46am Low tide at Double Island point.
My plan to beat the traffic and ferry queues:
- Drive up Saturday 16th approx midday
- Stay overnight at Noosa North Shore Retreat. Enjoy that area for the afternoon/evening. We’ll be in a cabin. Camping available nearby.
- Hit the beach about 9am Sunday morning. Head straight up to the Leisha track and visit the lagoons for morning tea, swimming, fishing.
- Drive back through the Leisha track to the Ocean side, set up for lunch, look for whales, and walk up to the lighthouse.
- Drive home via the Freshwater track rainforest drive, and head to the highway via Gympie (or people can optionally drive back along the beach and the Tewantin Ferry). The traffic home might not be fun but will be worth it.
What you need to do/bring:
- Book your cabin or campsite at Noosa Northshore retreat (unless you’re staying elsewhere Saturday night and then meeting up with us Sunday morning)
- Book your vehicle beach permit for Sunday 17 October (also optionally book for Saturday 16th if you’d like to do your own thing on the beach that day).
- Bring your beach recovery gear
- Bring sunscreen, swimmers, towels, food etc.
14 people are attending Double Island Point