- This event has passed.
New Members Day August 2022
Aug 7 @ 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The purpose of the day is to introduce you to the club and it’s workings such as booking trips and convoy procedure, some safety knowledge such as the Reverse Hill Stall Procedure and recovery fundamentals, plus a bit of an introduction to one of the properties we have access to. We don’t presume any prior knowledge on the day. We class the day as “Medium” difficulty (as we will be using low range for part of the day), however the day is designed as an introduction so there won’t be anything scary.
The start point for the weekend will be Spring Mountain Reserve, Tully Connection Rd, Greenbank 4124. Meet at the park by 8:30 am for 9:00 am Sunday morning.
The official part of the day should end by around 3:00 – 3:30 pm so we should be home in daylight.
- Wear sturdy, closed in shoes and long pants for preference – we’ll be in the bush and there are creepy-crawlies
- Morning Tea and Lunch
- Recovery Gear if you have it (snatch strap, bow shackles etc.) … don’t worry if you don’t have any just yet
- Insect Repellent
- Chair/something to sit on
- Wet weather gear if the forecast is not so good – we will contact and advise if the event has to be postponed due to rain
- Owners manual for your vehicle (very handy)
Look forward to seeing you there
Cheers, Kym and Mitch
2 people are attending New Members Day August 2022